What are Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs)? Discuss their potential role in promoting innovation and entrepreneurship.
Atal Tinkering Labs are a part of the ambitious Atal Innovation Mission set up at NITI aayog. These labs are designed to be constituted in the schools across the country with a vision to nurture one million children in India as the new age innovators. This is to be achieved by creating an environment of scientific temperament and innovation for students between class six to twelve.
The labs play a key role in promoting innovation and entrepreneurship through,
- tutoring students with personal, professional and entrepreneurial skills of the current age.
- encouraging the students to learn and give shape to their ideas by a pro-active, do-it-yourself approach.
- Students are encouraged to use the equipment and tools provided, thereby gaining a better understanding of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- The spirit of curiosity and innovation are fostered among students by conduction of various state level and national level competitions.
- The labs also schedule periodic exhibitions, workshops, lecture series and conferences enabling the students from different parts of the country to meet one another and exhibit their work.
- Students are encouraged to give ideas and solve the local community problems with the equipment provided to them.
The Atal Tinkering Labs are welcomed by all the schools and educational groups in the country. Till now, 2441 such labs have been approved and set up. The students are already churning innovative projects from the labs which are helpful for the irrigation management, waste management, etc. Students are also enthusiastic in providing sensor based solutions and Robotics.
What are Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs)? Discuss their potential role in promoting innovation and entrepreneurship. [First Post | FE ]
Published: December 27, 2017 | Modified:June 27, 2019