GKToday Archives: December, 2021
1. ‘Narcotics Control Bureau’ functions under the aegis of which Union Ministry? [A] Union Finance Ministry[B] Union Home Ministry[C] Union External Affairs Ministry[D] Union Defence Ministry Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Union Home Ministry] Notes:The Union Home Minister Amit Shah has asked all the states to form and notify a dedicated Anti-Narcotics Task Force (ANTF) ..
1. Which country has developed the world’s first ‘AI Prosecutor’? [A] USA[B] China[C] Russia[D] India Show Answer Correct Answer: B [China] Notes:Chinese scientists have developed the world’s first machine that can charge people with crime using artificial intelligence. As per the scientists, the AI “prosecutor” can charge people with over 97 per cent accuracy and ..
1. INS Kesari has recently delivered Food aid and Defence Aid to which country? [A] Madagascar[B] Mozambique[C] Maldives[D] Myanmar Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Mozambique] Notes:Indian Naval Ship (INS) Kesari has reached Port of Maputo, Mozambique to deliver 500 tonnes of food aid under Mission Security and Growth for All in the Region (SAGAR). INS ..
1. “Pillar of Shame” memorial, which was seen in the news, is located in which country/region? [A] USA[B] Hong Kong[C] Taiwan[D] Russia Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Hong Kong] Notes:“Pillar of Shame” is a statue commemorating those killed in Beijing’s Tiananmen Square. It is a eight-metre high statue located in University of Hong Kong’s (HKU) ..
1. As per the recent data from Environment Ministry, which state has recorded the highest deaths of elephants due to electrocution during 2009 and 2019? [A] Odisha[B] Maharashtra[C] West Bengal[D] Gujarat Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Odisha] Notes:As per the data given by Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, 600 elephants have died ..
1. Which country launched ‘National Oxygen Stewardship Programme’ to prevent wastage of Medical Oxygen? [A] USA[B] India[C] UK[D] Bangladesh Show Answer Correct Answer: B [India] Notes:The Indian government launched “National Oxygen Stewardship Programme” to train health care workers in rational utilisation of medical oxygen to prevent wastage. Under the Programme, at least one oxygen steward ..