GKToday Archives: September, 2015
1. Who has won the PGA of American Player of the year award? [A]Tiger Wood [B]Jordan Spieth [C]Bubba Watson [D]Zach Johnson Answer: Jordan Spieth American golfer Jordan Spieth has been awarded the PGA of America Player of the Year award and the Vardon Trophy for the lowest scoring average. Spieth has become the second youngest ..
1. Currently, which among the following countries have space observatory? 1. USA 2. Japan 3. China 4. Russia Select the correct option from the codes given below: [A]Only 1, 2 & 4 [B]Only 2, 3 & 4 [C]Only 1, 3 & 4 [D]1, 2, 3 & 4 Answer: Only 1, 2 & 4Notes: So far ..
1. Who became the first solo woman to win the prestigious Royal Society Winton Prize for Science Books of the Year award? [A]Gaia Vince [B]Bill Bryson [C]Christopher Jean [D]Martiana Higgs Answer: Gaia VinceNotes: Gaia Vince became the first solo woman to win the prestigious Royal Society Science Book of the year award. She won 2015 ..
1. The India Brand Equity Foundation is a trust established by which ministry? [A]Ministry of Economics [B]Ministry of Commerce [C]Ministry of Agriculture [D]Ministry of Defence Answer: Ministry of CommerceNotes: India Brand Equity Foundation is a trust established by the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. Its primary objective is to ..
1. Nuakhai festival is celebrated in which among the following states of India? [A]Bihar [B]Uttar Pradesh [C]Odisha [D]Punjab Answer: OdishaNotes: Nuakhai is an agricultural festival mainly observed by people of Western Odisha in India. Nuakhai is observed to welcome the new rice of the season. According to the Hindu calendar it is observed on panchamitithi ..