IRCTC to launch Navratri Special Tourist Train
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) – a public sector undertaking under the Railways Ministry – announced that it would launch the Navratri Special Tourist Train for Mata Vaishno Devi in Katra with the newly launched Bharat Gaurav tourist train on September 30.
- Similar the Ramayana Circuit, the IRCTC Ltd has announced the launch of Navratri Special Mata Vaishno Devi Yatra Tour in the Bharat Gaurav Tourist train.
- The maiden journey of the Special Tourist Train would commence on September 30, 2022 for Katra – a city in Jammu and Kashmir situated in the foothills of the Trikuta Mountains, where the holy shrine of the Vaishno Devi is located.
- The Vaishno Devi temple is one of the most visited shrines in the country, with over millions of people visiting it every year, especially during festivals like Navratri.
- The train journey would last for four nights and five days.
- The train would start its journey to Katra from Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station.
- This tour package targets tourists from of Ghaziabad, Meerut, Muzaffarnagar, Saharanpur, Ambala, Sirhind, and Ludhiana.
- It addresses the usual problem of the lack of confirmed train availability due to the overcrowding by lakhs of devotees visiting the Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The overall price of this tour package covers train journey, night stay at AC hotels, meals, all transfers and sight-seeings in buses, travel insurance and services of the guide.
- It mandates all guests aging 18 and above to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Bharat Guarav Train
The Bharat Gaurav trains were launched by the Railways Ministry to be operated in places having touristic importance and promote theme-based tourism. This fully air-conditioned train is known for its aesthetic interior design that provides comfort for passengers. In June 2022, the maiden journey of the Bharat Gaurav train took place to promote the Ramayana Yatra circuit.