Current Affairs Quiz: October 2, 2013
1. Which of the following diseases is most commonly found in workers at Stone crushing/mining?
Silicosis is a form of occupational lung disease caused by inhalation of crystalline silica dust. It is most commonly found in workers at stone crushing or mining.
2. Which state has bagged National Award for best state in implementing the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior citizens act, 2007?
Department of Social Justice, Government of Madhya Pradesh bagged the National Award for best state in implementing the Maintenance and Welfare of
Parents and Senior citizens act, 2007 and providing service and facilities to senior citizens.
3. Which of the following countries constitute “Horn of Africa”?
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1, 2, 3 & 5
[B]Only 1, 2, 4 & 5
[C]Only 1, 2, 3 & 4
[D]1, 2, 3, 4 & 5
Only 1, 2, 3 & 4
The Horn of Africa denotes the region containing the countries of Eritrea, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Somalia.
4. Who among the following has won Sports illustrated Sportsperson of the year?
[B]P V Sindhu
Olympic bronze medallist Sania Nehwal was declared Sports illustrated Sportsperson of the year while her mentor and Indian coach Pulela Gopichand was given the Coach of the Year award. The event was organised by the Sports magazine to honour good performance of the year 2012.
5. The “Nannaj Sanctuary” in Maharashtra is home to which of the following species?
[B]Great Indian Bustards
Great Indian Bustards
Nannaj Sanctuary or Jawaharlal Nehru Bustard Sanctuary of Maharashtra is a wildlife sanctuary for Great India Bustards.
6. Who among the following has been conferred “Allard Prize for International Integrity”?
Indian social activist Anna Hazare has been honoured with the inaugural Allard Prize for International Integrity conferred by the University of British Columbia’s faculty of law. The Allard Prize is one of the world’s largest prize for recognizing efforts to fight corruption and to promote human rights.
7. Recently (October, 2013). SEBI has approved _____per cent Jet Airways to Etihad. Fill the blank with correct option?
8. “Theodolite” is precision instrument used for measuring ____ ?
Theodolite is a precision instrument for measuring angles in the horizontal and vertical planes. Theodolites are used mainly for surveying applications, and
have been adopted for specialized purpose in fields like metrology and rocket launch technology.
9. The “Mount Augustus” which is claimed to be world largest monolith is in which country?
Mount Augustus is an inselberg located in Western Australia.
10. Which of the following continents has highest fraction of young population in its total population?
Africa is the youngest continent in terms of its population. 50 percent Africans are 19 years old or younger.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »