Sagarmala Young Professional Scheme
Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways has launched a scheme called “Sagarmala Young Professional Scheme”, in a bid to engage talented, dynamic and forward-thinking young professionals in different divisions of the Ministry.
About Sagarmala Young Professional Scheme
- Sagarmala Young Professional scheme focuses on active on-the-ground learning for young professionals.
- Through this scheme, these professionals will gain the opportunity to learn about functioning of government and developmental policy concerns.
- However, to meet Ministry’s need, professionals are required to deliver high-quality inputs in areas like data analysis, infrastructure, project management, skill development, start-up, innovation, digital transformation and environment.
- This scheme will provide for active participation of young people in decision-making. It will thus contribute to social wellness at an individual level, by encouraging self-esteem and a sense of empowerment.
- It will also help in enhancing awareness for common concerns and joint resolve for identifying solutions in the long term.
How many professionals will be hired?
- Under the scheme, over 25 young professionals will be hired.
- They will be required to have qualification in B. E or B. Tech, B. Planning or MBA or equivalent degree in relevant subject or field, apart from a minimum three year of relevant work experience.
- Professionals in Accountancy, Legal, Finance, Economics/Commerce, Statistics, Data Analytics will also be engaged on the basis of requirement of the Ministry.
- Initially, they will be engaged for 2 years, which is extendable to additional 2 years based on performance.
Advertisement for application
Advertisement inviting application will be posted on Ministry’s Web-Portal and National Career Service Portal of Ministry of Labour and Employment.
National Career Service (NCS)
National Career Service (NCS) portal is a ICT based portal, which is being developed for connecting the opportunities with youth’s aspirations. This portal provides for registration of job seekers, skill providers, job providers, career counsellors, etc. It provides job matching services in a transparent and user-friendly manner.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2022
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs