GK & Current Affairs Quiz: July 17, 2018
1. A PIL (public interest litigation) by BJP leader and advocate Ashwini Upadhyay has sought doing away with the law allowing candidates contesting more than one seat in elections in Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabhas. As per existing laws, on how many maximum seats an MP / MLA candidate is allowed to contest?
2. Which of the following missiles of India is a “supersonic cruise missile”?
3. Which of the following IITs of India has unveiled “world’s first” remotely operable Local Electrode Atom Probe (LEAP) microscope?
4. What term has been used for medical professionals assisting patients seeking treatment under the Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM)?
5. On July 16, 2018, India has become the Asia Pacific vice-chair at World Customs Organisation. In which city, the headquarters of World Customs Organisation are located?
6. Which country has topped the 2018 ‘Soft Power 30’ index?
7. What is the objective of National Youth Empowerment Scheme which is under discussion currently in Union government?
8. Recently, the Government of India has increased the monetary threshold for filing appeals in tax disputes in courts and tribunals to bring down the tax litigation in the country. What is the new monetary threshold for filing appeals in tribunals?
9. Which country is poised to host the 2018 BIMSTEC summit?
10. The Indian railway is soon expected to get Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC), its first publicly-owned dedicated corridor for freight trains on August 15, 2018. The Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC) does not cover which of the following states?