GK & Current Affairs – July 30, 31, 2016
1. The Pashudhan Bima Yojana has been launched by which state government of India?
The Haryana Government has recently launched Pashudhan Bima Yojana in Jhajjar. It is an insurance cover scheme for cattle breeders in the state, which will be provided at a premium of Rs.100 for cows, buffaloes, bulls, camels and at Rs. 25 for sheep, goat and pig for a period of three years. As per the scheme, the insurance companies would give compensation in case of death of animal (cattle). The scheme is free of cost for cattle breeders from the Scheduled Castes (SC).
2. Pandit Lachu Maharaj, who passed away recently, was a well-known maestro of which musical instrument?
Noted Tabla maestro Pandit Lachu Maharaj (73) has recently passed away in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. He was renowned internationally and his table performance had drawn attention of the connoisseur of performing arts from across India and world.
3. Which Indian movie has won the Best Asian Genre Film award at 2016 Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN)?
Answer: Psycho Raman
The psychological thriller ‘Psycho Raman’ has won the Best Asian Genre Film award at the 20th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN) 2016 in South Korea. In other words, the film has won the Europe Fantastic Film Festivals Federation (EFFFF) Asian Award, which is directed by Anurag Kashyap. It is based on the real life serial killer Raman Raghav, which was released in Hindi as “Raman Raghav 2.0” in 2016. Apart from this, Deepak Sampat has won the best actor award for Rohit Mittal’s “Auto Head” at the festival.
4. India has recently set up military hotlines with which of the following neighbouring countries?
India has recently set up military hotlines at 3-border locations with China at Border Personnel Meeting (BPM).The hotlines have recently been activated at the BPMs locations of Spangur, Nathu La and Kibithu. The in-principle approval has been given for establishment of a hotline between military headquarters of both sides. India has such arrangements with other neighbouring countries, including Pakistan, Myanmar and Nepal, as part of the Confidence Building Measures (CBMs).
5. Who has been sworn-in as the new chief justice of Allahabad High Court?
[A]Ajay Kumar Mittal
[B]Jagadip Narayan Singh
[D]Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale
Answer: Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale
Justice Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale has been sworn-in as the new chief justice of Allahabad High Court. Till date, he was serving as acting chief justice of high court of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. The post was lying vacant after Chief Justice D.Y. Chandrachud was appointmented as judge of Supreme Court in 2016.
6. Which state of India has won the best state award for comprehensive development of tourism for the year 2014-2015?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh has won the best state award for comprehensive development of tourism, followed by Gujarat and Karnataka, at the National Tourism Awards for the year 2014-2015. The Ministry of Tourism annually presents National Tourism Award to various segments of the travel, tourism and hospitality industry. Beside this, Rajasthan’s Sawai Madhopur railway station received the Best Tourist Friendly railway station award while Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport got the Best Airport award and Telangana’s Warangal won the best heritage city award.
7. The United Nations’ World Day against Trafficking in Persons is observed on which date?
Answer: July 30
The United Nations’ World Day against Trafficking in Persons is observed every year on July 30 to raise awareness and encourage the international community to take action against human trafficking.
8. The 2016 International summit on tobacco-control will be hosted by which country?
The 2016 International summit on tobacco-control will be hosted by India in Noida on November 2016. The purpose of the summit is to eliminate the illicit trade of tobacco products. In it, about 1,000-1,500 delegates from 180 countries will participate.
9. The 2016 joint military exercise “Maitree” has been conducted between India and which of the following countries?
The 2016 joint military exercise “Maitree” has been conducted between India and Thailand at Krabi, Thailand. The purpose of the joint exercise was to increase mutual cooperation and interoperability between the Indian Army and Royal Thailand Army and to improve understanding of each other’s tactical drills and actions in counter terrorism operations.
10. The book “Hashimpura 22 May: The forgotten story of one of India’s biggest custodial killings” has been authored by whom?
[B]Vibhuti Narain Rai
Answer: Vibhuti Narain Rai
The book “Hashimpura 22 May: The forgotten story of one of India’s biggest custodial killings” has been authored by Vibhuti Narain Rai, who was posted as Superintendent of Police in Ghaziabad district when the Hashimpura massacre took place. It is a blow-by-blow account of the massacre and its aftermath. .
Question Category: Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|