GK & Current Affairs – August 1, 2016
1. The Make in India conference will be held in which city of India?
The “Make in India” conference will be held in Bhubaneswar, Odisha in December 2016. The conference would be organized by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry to attract investment in the state as well as in the country.
2. Who has been appointed as the new chairperson of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)?
Answer: Rani Nair
Rani Singh Nair, a 1979-batch IRS officer of the income-tax cadre, has been appointed as the new chairperson of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). She succeeded Atulesh Jindal and will be in office till October 31, 2016. Earlier, she was a member of legislation and computerization department in the CBDT.
3. The book “Tipu Sultan’s Search for Legitimacy: Islam and Kingship in a Hindu Domain” has been authored by whom?
Answer: Kate Brittlebank
The book “Tipu Sultan’s Search for Legitimacy: Islam and Kingship in a Hindu Domain” has been authored by Kate Brittlebank. The book focuses upon the methods adopted by Tipu Sultan to establish his legitimacy as a parvenu ruler. It throws light on how Tipu perceived himself and why he acted in certain ways at certain times.
4. Lokesh Rahul is associated with which sports?
Lokesh Rahul has recently scored 158 runs in the 2nd cricket test against West Indies at Kingston, Jamaica. With this, India lead by 162 runs with 5 wickets remaining in the 1st innings.
5. The 2016 Kabaddi World Cup will be hosted by which country?
India will host the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup in October 2016. In it, 12 countries viz. India, USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Iran, Poland, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Korea, Japan and Kenya will participate.
6. Who has won the 2016 Formula One German Grand Prix ?
Answer: Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton, a British Formula One Mercedes racing driver, has won the 2016 German Grand Prix title of Formula One. It is his 6th title of the 2016 season after Monaco Grand Prix, Canadian Grand Prix, Austrian Grand Prix, British Grand Prix and Hungarian Grand Prix.
7. Luke Aikins, who became the first person in the world to jump and land without parachute, is belonged to which country?
Answer: United States
Skydiver Luke Aikins from United States has become the first person in the world to jump without a parachute and landed safely in a net in Simi Valley, southern California. He achieved this feat after successfully free falling from aeroplane from height of 25,000 feet (mid-tropospheric altitude) in 2-minutes into the 100x100ft net without a parachute or wing suit.
8. Which state government of India will launch its Anti Corruption Index to measure the graphs of corruption in all spheres of society?
The Kerala Anti-corruption Index (KAI), the first of its kind in India, will be launched by the Kerala government under its “zero tolerance to corruption” policy. The initiative will have a set of proxy indicators to measure the graphs of corruption in all spheres of society. The programme will be implemented by the Kerala Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau. The purpose of the index is to develop a durable and sustainable mechanism to check corruption, which is possible only by sensitizing and empowering general public.
9. Which kabaddi team has won the 2016 STAR Sports-ProKabaddi League?
[A]Jaipur Pink Panthers
Answer: Patna Pirates
The Patna Pirates has won the 4th edition of STAR Sports-ProKabaddi League by defeating Jaipur Pink Panthers by 37-29 score at Gachibowli Stadium, Hyderabad, Telangana. With this win, Patna Pirates has become first Kabaddi team to won the title twice and the only champions to have defended their title.
10. The Keibul Lamjao National Park is located in which state of India?
The Keibul Lamjao National Park is located in the Bishnupur district, Manipur. It is the only floating park in the world and an integral part of Loktak Lake. .
Question Category: Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|