Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: December 8, 2022
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for December 8, 2022
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar officiates as the Chairman of the Rajya Sabha, as the Winter Session of the Parliament begins.
- Lok Sabha takes up debate on Anti-Maritime Piracy Bill; bill seeks to combat piracy, promote security of India’s maritime trade.
- Bill to amend the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act introduced in the Lok Sabha.
- Haryana issues guidelines to prevent dismissal of employees without enquiry
- ISRO to develop Spatial Data Infrastructure geo-portal for Ladakh
- Centre launches plan to develop the power transmission system for integrating 500 GW of green energy by 2030.
- UGC forms panel to work on textbooks in Indian languages
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- RBI Monetary policy committee (MPC) December 2022 held: Repo rate hiked by 35 basis points (bps) to 6.25 per cent; Growth forecast for the current financial year cut to 6.8 per cent; Functionality of a single-block-and-multiple debit in UPI to be introduced.
- N Chandrasekaran appointed the chair of B20 India, to lead the business agenda during India’s G20 presidency.
- Arun Kumar Singh, former chairman of BPCL, is appointed Chairman and Managing Director of ONGC.
- Supreme Court directs Centre, RBI to submit records behind demonetisation decision.
- Passport Index 2022 published by published by Arton Capital; UAE ranked first and India at 87 in the world’s strongest passport list.
- Time magazine names Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky as ‘Person of the year 2022’
- India’s Information and Broadcasting Ministry asks Google to stop publishing online betting advertisements.
- Forbes’ annual list of The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Biocon Executive Chairperson Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw and Nykaa founder Falguni Nayar are among six Indians in the list.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Morocco, Brazil, Croatia, Netherlands, France, Argentina, Portugal and England are the final eight teams
- Mirabai Chanu wins silver medal at the weightlifting World Championships in Bogota, Colombia
Category: Today's News Headlines