Ayush Grid Project: MoU between Ayush Ministry & MeitY
Ministry of Ayush and Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Ayush Grid Project. As a part of MoU, MeitY will provide technical support to Ministry of Ayush to digitise Ayush Sector, for a period of 3 years.
Highlights of the MoU include;
- This MoU is continuation of a MoU that was inked in 2019.
- Both the ministries will continue to work in together.
- MeitY will provide technical support, including adoption of emerging technologies, for the Ayush Grid project.
About Ayush Grid project:
- Ayush Grid Project was launched by Ministry of Ayush in 2018 to create a backbone for IT sector.
- Project was launched under Digital India Program that support ‘Information and Technology’ in transforming operational efficiency, enhancing service quality and improving delivery of service.
- It will allow integration of all stakeholders and services or functions related to Ayush systems of health care.
- The project seeks to bring all onboard all the facilities of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy), including laboratories and hospitals besides promoting traditional healthcare systems.
As a part of MoU, entire Ayush Sector will be digitalised, that will help in transformation of health care delivery across all levels, including research, education, drug regulations and various health programmes. Advisory inputs on Ayush Grid project will be provided by a High-Level Advisory Committee (HLAC). This committee would be chaired by Secretary of Ayush and co-chaired by Secretary of MeitY.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs