Recognition of Gymnastics Federation of India restored
The Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has restored the recognition of Gymnastics Federation of India (GFI) as the National Sports Federation (NSF) with immediate effect till December 31, 2021.
- The Sports Ministry further stated that, elections of two office bearers namely Sudhir Mittal on the post of President and Kaushik Bidiwala on the post of Treasurer for the term of 2019- 2023 have been recorded.
- Further, decision to accept election of S Shanti Kumar Singh for the post of general secretary will be taken after Manipur High Court’s judgment regarding the writ petition filed by S Shanti Kumar Singh.
- While the election of Parmeshwar Prajapat for the post of executive Member will be accepted after verifying the NOC and other facts.
- Further, the constitution of GFI needs will be aligned with provisions of the National Sports Development Code of India, 2011 (Sports Code).
- GFI will also be required to make a categorical affirmation regarding the provisions of Sports Code in its constitution within 6 months in order to bring it in line with the Sports Code.
- Gymnastics Federation of India is also required to provide at least two months’ advance notice to the Government in its constitution. It also required to submit a copy of proposed changes along with the notice.
- However, the Sports Ministry warned that this recognition is subject to withdrawal in case any of the terms and conditions regarding the recognitions are violated.
Appointment to NSF
The appointment of the office-bearers for the federation will be done through an election in accordance with the Model Election Guidelines which will be issued by the Ministry.
Category: Sports Current Affairs