Civil Services Day: April 21
Every year India celebrates National Civil Services Day on April 21.
- Sardar Vallabhai Patel often referred the Indian Administrative Service as “Steel Frame of India”.
- The Civil Services Day is celebrated for the civil servants to rededicate themselves to the cause of citizens of the country. Also, the day motivates civil service officers to work more efficiently.
- The Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration is presented to districts for implementing priority programmes on National Civil Services Day.
About Civil Service Day
- On this day in 1947, the then Home Minister Shri Sardar Vallabhai Patel addressed the first batch of Administrative Services Officers.
- Sardar Vallabhai Patel was the first Home Minister of India.
- Patel addressed the probationers at the Metcalf House, New Delhi.
Sardar Vallabhai Patel
- Sardar Vallabhai Patel was the first Deputy Prime Minister of India. He was a barrister. Also, he served as the Home Minister of the country during the political integration of India.
- He is called the Unifier of India for his role in unifying the princely states in the country.
- On 31 October, 2018, the Statue of Unity was dedicated to him. It is the world tallest statue. The height of the statue is 182 metres.
- He was also called the Iron Man of India.
- Patel was elected as the President of the Indian Nation Congress for the Karachi session of Congress that was held in 1931.The Gandhi-Irwin pact was ratified at this congress.
- The TRIUMVIRATE that ruled India between 148 and 1950 was formed by the Governor General of India Chkravarti Rajagopalachari, Patel and Nehru.
Category: Important Days & Events Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|