SANKALP SE SIDDHI launched by TRIFED
The Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) operating under Ministry of Tribal Affairs recently launched the “SANKALP SE SIDDHI”.
SANKALP SE SIDDHI
- It is a hundred-day drive. The main aim of the drive is to activate the Van Dhan Vikas Kendras located in tribal villages.
- It aims to cover 1,500 villages in India in hundred days.
- Around one hundred and fifty teams have been formed to roll out the drive. These teams will identify the locations for clustering them as TRIFOOOD and SFURTI units.
- SFURTI is Scheme for Fund for the Regeneration of Traditional Industries.
- TRIFOOD is a joint initiative of Ministry of Food Processing and TRIFED. It was launched in August 2020. The TRIFOOD parks will produce processed foods from minor forest produce and also from the food gathered by the tribal people in that region.
What is the plan?
After the Van Dhan Vikas Kendras are activated in the selected 1,500 villages, these kendras will work towards achieving Rs 200 crores of sales target.
Van Dhan Vikas Kendras
- The Van Dhan Vikas Kendras were established under the Van Dhan Yojana. The Government of India provides capacity building training and skill upgradation facilities for the tribal population in these Van Dhan Vikas Kendras.
- A Van Dhan Vikas Kendra is formed by fifteen tribal Self-Help Groups. Each group consists of twenty artisans or tribal food gatherers.
- The first Van Dhan Vikas Kendra was established in Bijapur district, Chhattisgarh.
According to the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, the following are the problems faced by the tribal population in India:
- The tribal population in India has the largest number of anaemic women.
- The mortality rates such as infant mortality rates and child mortality rates are the highest among the tribal population.
- The Gross Enrolment Ratio among tribal students has declined from 113.2 in 2014 to 109.4 in 2016. The Gross Enrolment Ratio is used to determine the number of students enrolled in schools at different grade levels.
- As of 2015, there has been a short fall of 1,267 primary health centres and 309 community health centres in the tribal areas.
- Due to developmental projects, 85 lakh tribal people had to be rehabilitated. However, only 21 lakh tribal members have been rehabilitated so far.
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs
Topics: child mortality rate • gross enrolment ratio • Infant Mortality Rate • SFURTI • Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) • TRIFED • TRIFOOD • Van Dhan Vikas Kendra • Van Dhan Vikas Kendras • Van Dhan Yojana