New Housing Policy Unveiled by Jammu and Kashmir Government
Published: July 18, 2020
The Jammu and Kashmir Government has announced its new housing, slum development, rehabilitation and township policy for the year 2020. The Administrative Council under the chairmanship of the LG GC Murmu has accorded approval to the policy.
- The policy will have seven models of housing, from in-situ slum redevelopment to integrated township so that it can attend to the need of every section of the society.
- It will try to promote public-private partnership for affordable housing projects as well as the slum development projects in the UT.
- The policy also has provisions for operating as a platform for operation and maintenance of integrated or special townships in a cooperative manner.
- The existing slum dwellers will be given minimum relocation facility in order to maintain the sanctity of the existing economic and social linkages developed over time in the settlements.
- The policy also includes provisions for fast-track approvals of housing in Economically Weaker Sections and Lower Income Group categories. It also provides certain relaxations for these houses regarding building permit fee, land-use conversion, external development charges etc.
- It also focuses on rental housing projects in which the EWS families will be provided accommodation on license basis for occupation and use for a particular period on making an initial deposit and monthly charges.
- The overall objective of the policy is to construct one lakh dwelling units over the period of next five years in the UT.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2020
Category: States Current Affairs