Handbook of Statistics on Indian States 2021-22
The seventh edition of the Handbook of Statistics on Indian States 2021-22 was released recently by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
About the report
Handbook of Statistics on Indian States 2021-22 seeks to provide comprehensive data about the regional economies of India. It covers sub-national statistics on socio-demographics, state domestic product, agriculture, price and wages, industry, infrastructure, banking, and fiscal indicators across the states during various time periods ranging from 1951 to 2021-22.
Two new sections have been included in the recent edition – health and environment. It also included 9 new tables, which are:
- State-wise maternal mortality ratio under social and demographic section
- State-wise total fertility rate under the social and demographic section
- State-wise children aged 6-59 months who are anaemic under health section
- State-wise pregnant women aged 15-49 years who are anaemic under health section
- State-wise cold storage capacity under agriculture section
- State-wise forest cover under environment section
- State-wise tree cover under environment section
- State-wise total installed capacity of grid interactive renewable power under the infrastructure section
- State-wise outstanding guarantees of state governments under fiscal section
What are the key findings of the report?
- The Indian economy showed remarkable resilience to multiple consecutive shocks it experienced since early 2020. It retained the macroeconomic stability and sustained the momentum of economic growth’s recovery.
- The macroeconomic outlook is positive in the current fiscal. However, India is still impacted by global headwinds.
- Karnataka has the highest total installed capacity of grid-interactive renewable power among all states. It had total installed capacity of 15,463 megawatts (MW).
- It is followed by Tamil Nadu (15,225 MW), Gujarat (13,153 MW) and Maharashtra (10,267 MW).
- The data related to the state-wise total installed capacity of grid interactive renewable power was obtained from Energy Statistics of the Statistics Ministry and the states governments’ figures of installed capacity until the end of March 2021.
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs