UPSC Prelims Mini Mock Test: 280
- The preamble which is a part of our constitution was borrowed from constitution of USA
- “Unity of the Nation” was replaced by “Unity and Integrity of the nation” by 42nd amendment act
- 42nd amendment inserted the words “Liberty and Equality”
- To be appointed as a Judge of Labour Court, a person must have been earlier a Judge of High Court.
- Labour Courts do not have supervisory jurisdiction.
- The majority of the Amazon Rain Forest is contained within Brazil
- The Amazon Rainforest is shared by Brazil, Colombia and Peru
- Amazon Rainforest accounts for almost half of earth’s total rainforests
- The higher contribution by western states is mainly because of better access to irrigation
- The irrigation in western states is predominantly via groundwater sources
- The eastern states are more vulnerable to natural calamities such as floods, cyclones, drought
- Kaleshwaram lift irrigation project - Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
- Ghataprabha River Project - Karnataka and Maharashtra
- Mayurakshi irrigation Project - Jharkhand and West Bengal
- Unlike the heart, the lungs have no muscle tissue
- While the heart's main function is to pump blood around the body, lungs add oxygen to the blood
- It is initiative under the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development
- It aims to facilitate the partnership between Higher Education Institutions of India and other foreign universities
3. Service Activities
Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
Welcome to GKToday's UPSC Prelims Mini Mock Test: 280. This mock test has 10 questions on random topics from our UPSC Prelims Test Series archives and current affairs. You should be registered and logged in for the test to display and function properly.
Category: UPSC Prelims Mini Mock Test Series