MP to get World’s largest floating Solar Power Plant
World’s largest floating Solar Power Plant will be constructed in Madhya Pradesh. It is aimed at boosting power generation capacity the state and addressing electricity problems in the central region.
Important Facts to know about the plant:
- The floating solar power plant will be constructed in Khandwa.
- It will generate 600-Megawatt power by 2022-23,
- This project is estimated to be worth Rs. 3000 crores.
- Khandwa district will become the only district in state to house thermal power station, hydel power plant as well as solar power plant.
- Solar power plant will be built on Narmada River, near Omkareshwar Dam.
India’s largest floating solar plant:
As of now, Ramagundam Floating Solar PV project in Telangana is the largest project in country. It has the capacity to generate 100 MW of energy. Commercial operation for project was started on July 1, 2022. This project was commissioned by NTPC.
About Floating Solar Panels:
Floating Solar Panels are Photovoltaic (PV) modules, that are mounted on platforms floating of lakes, water reservoirs, etc. These modules are secured on calm water bodies like ponds, lakes or reservoirs. Installation for the module is relatively quick. These plants are silent to run. They don’t require land levelling or vegetation removal.
Category: States Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|