27 Model Questions on GS-III: E-Technology in the Aid of Farmers for UPSC Mains Examinations
- What is DMH-11 that was recently approved by the Genetic Engineering Appraisal Committee? What are the advantages and challenges in its adoption?
- Comment on the need to increase spending on R&D for the agriculture sector.
- Evaluate the performance of PM KISAN in easing the cash crunch faced by the farming community.
- Identify the need for a climate resilient agriculture in India, discuss how it can be achieved.
- The negative consequences of input-intensive and unsustainable agricultural practices in India can be nullified by transitioning to Low External Input Sustainable Agriculture (LEISA). Discuss.
- An overhaul of Agro-R&D is imperative for fulfilling of India’s obligations of doubling farmer’s income. Comment.