Quiz 112 : Geography Questions for All Examinations
1. Paradip Port is located on the delta of which among the following?
[D]None of them
2. The Gulf of Kutch is one of the two regions on west coast of India, identified suitable for Tidal power station. Which among the following is the other one?
[A]Gulf of Khambhat
[C]Gulf of Mannar
[D]None of them
3. In which among the following states, the Jharia, Raniganj, Talchar, Korba coal fields are located respectively?
[A] Tamil Nadu, Orissa, Jharkhand, West Bengal
[B] Jharkhand, West Bengal, Orissa, Chhattisgarh
[C] West Bengal, Jharkhand, Orissa, Chhattisgarh
[D]West Bengal, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand
4. Port Blair is located on which of the following Islands?
[A] North Andaman
[B] South Andaman
[C] Middle Andaman
5. For cotton cultivation which among the following soils is considered most suitable?
[A] Red Soil
[B] Black Soil
[C] Laterite Soil
6. Which among the following regions of Earth’s surface are called Horse Latitudes ?
[A] Equatorial Low Pressure Belt
[B] Sub Tropical High Pressure Belt
[C] Sub Polar Low Pressure Belt
7. What is approximate time difference between sunrise in Arunachal Pradesh and Saurastra of India?
[B]1 hour 30 Minutes
[D]2 Hours 30 Minutes
8. Which among the following cities of India does not fall in Torrid Zone?
9. Which among the following is the chief crop of Deccan Plateau?
10. Consider the following:
Which among the above are called Harbour waves?
[C]Only 2 & 3
11. Consider the following vegetations:
2. Mixed Coniferous Forests
3. Tropical deciduous forests
Which among the following presents the alternative terms associated with the temperature conditions of the environment in which they live?
[A]1-Microtherms, 2-Hekistotherms 3-Mesotherms
[B]1-Hekistotherms, 2-Microtherms, 3-Mesotherms
[C]1- Sciotherms, 2-Heliotherms 3-Microtherms
[D]1-Microtherms, 2-Hekistotherms, 3-Heliotherms
12. The term “Isopycnic” is most closely defined by which among the following?
[A]Two places with same atmospheric pressure
[B]Two liquids with same viscosity
[C]Two liquids with same density
[D]Two places with same temperature
13. Consider the following statements:
1. Both Plutonism and Volcanic Eruption involve cooling of Magma
2. Both Plutonism and Volcanic Eruption involve bulk chemical changes
Which among the above statements is are correct ?
[C]Both 1 and 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
14. Borneo Island is the part of which among the following countries?
[D]All of them
15. Puncak Jaya, which is the highest peak in South East Asia and only place in south east asia where ice Glacier can be found is located in which among the following countries?