Quiz 53 : Economic & General Current Awareness for Banking Exams
1. A syndicated loan is a loan that is _____?
[A]Secured by Mortgages
[C]Provided by Group of Banks
[D]Provided to a Group of Customers
2. Which among the following organizations calculates and publishes LIBOR (London Interbank Offered Rate)?
[A]Bank of England
[C]European Banking Federation
[D]European Central Bank
3. In the current ranking by FIDE, Vishvanathan Anand is on which among the following slots?
4. On which among the following dates, Army Day is observed?
5. As per the recent official data, which among the following states of India has accounted for highest wage rate growth during 2007-10?
6. Consider the following statements about the Centrally Sponsored Schemes:
1. They are largely funded by central Government
2. They are implemented by the State Governments
3. MGNREGA is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
[B]1 & 2
[C]2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
7. What has been the annual growth rate of Indian Population between 2001 and 2011?
8. Concerned over transmission and distribution losses of over Rs 40,000 crore a year, Recently, Government constituted a panel to assess the financial position of distribution companies and state electricity boards, and project losses between 2010 and 2017. Who among the following heads this panel?
[B]N C Saxena
[C]V K Shunglu
9. Who among the following is the chairman of Parliament’s Standing Committee on Law and Justice, the one that is considering the Lok Pal bill(s)?
[C]Abhishek Manu Singhvi
10. Rohit Nandan has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of which among the following organizations for a three-year term recently?
11. Recently, India has developed 22 varieties of which among the following crops which are resistant to the deadly Ug99 fungal disease?
12. Recently, the government has imposed anti-dumping duty of up to Rs 20 ($0.423) per kg on imports of carbon black to protect the domestic Industry. In which Industry, the Carbon Black is used generally in India?
13. On which date is observed the National Panchayati Raj Day?
14. Approximately what fraction of the 700 tonnes of Gold that India annually imports (2010-11) is contributed by Banks?
15. Kakrapar Atomic Power Station (KAPS-1) is located in which among the following states?