Quiz 83 : Current Affairs (Miscellaneous)
1. Consider the following statements about the Shaurya Missile:
1. It has been developed by DRDO
2. It is a hypersonic missile
3. It is a surface to surface missile
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
[B]1 & 2
[C]2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
2. Consider the following Jnanpith Award winners:
1. Chandrashekhara Kambara
2. Shrilal Shukla
3. Amar Kant
4. Satya Vrat Shastri
The above playwrights are well known in which among the following languages respectively?
[A]Marathi, Hindi, Punjabi, Kannada
[B]Kannada, Hindi, Gujarati, Sanskrit
[C]Telugu, Hindi, Marathi, Sanskrit
[D]Kannada, Hindi, Hindi, Sanskrit
3. Recently, large deposits of natural uranium, which promises to be one of the top 20 of the world’s reserves, have been found in the Tummalapalle belt in which among the following states of India?
4. Recently, which among the following place was making news for being home to Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership that is World’s first nuclear energy partnership center?
5. Consider the following facts about Jaitapur Nuclear Power Project:
1. Being developed by Areva of France
2. Will be a Light water reactor
3. Will be the largest nuclear power generating station in the world by net electrical power rating once completed
4. Located in the seismically moderate Risk Zone
5. Located in a Tsunami prone area
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
[A]1, 2, 3, 4
[B]1, 3, 4, 5
[C]1, 2, 3, 4, 5
[D]1, 3, 4
6. Which among the following is the site of Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor (PFBR) in India?
7. Consider the following:
1. Pressurized heavy water reactor (PHWR)
2. Fast breeder reactor (FBR)
3. Advanced Heavy Water Reactor(AHWR)
The above three represent the stages of India’s three stage Nuclear Power programme as follows respectively?
[A]Stage I, Stage II, Stage III
[B]Stage II, Stage I, Stage III
[C]Stage III, Stage II, Stage I
[D]Stage II, Stage III, Stage I
8. Consider the following observations about the Coal as a source of Energy in India:
1. Domestic coal resources are in abundance in India
2. Coal is the most economical fuel for meeting base load demand
3. Clean coal technologies a priority by the Government of India
4. The potential of Coal Energy is mainly in the Northeast India
Which among the above observations is/ are correct?
[C]1 2 3
[D]1 2 3 4
9. Consider the following features of generally available coal in India:
1. It is high in silica and alumina
2. It is lowly abrasive and has low slagging characteristics.
3. It has low ash content
Which among the above features is/ are correct?
[B]1 & 2
[C]1, 2 & 3
[D]2 & 3
10. As of 31 March 2011 the installed capacity of wind power in India was maximum in which among the following states?
11. Which among the following has been identified for maximum potential of Tidal Power in India?
[A]Gulf of Cambay
[B]Gulf of Kutch
12. Which among the following country was recently making news for its successful Proálcool ethanol program?
13. The Indian sugar ethanol program sets a target of what fraction of bioethanol incorporation into transport fuel?
14. The world’s largest geothermal power installation is “The Geysers” located in which among the following countries?
15. What is the rank of nuclear power in India among the sources of electricity?