1. News websites deliver customized ‘feeds’ of content to their readers via RSS, which stands for :
2. Pest-resistant cotton commonly known as ‘Bt-Cotton’ is genetically engineered by inserting a gene from a:
Which among the following Statement(s) is/are correct regarding the technique of ‘Tissue Culture’?
- It sometimes involves manipulation at the genetic level.
- It is useful for the conservation of endangered species.
- It has vast potential in obtaining disease free plant material.
Which of the following three sites are both mangrove forests as well as located on Eastern Coast of India?
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
6. Which among the following is key faunal species that is being conserved and monitored in ‘Dachigam National Park’ ?
The Keibul lamjao National Park:
- is an integral part of Loktak lake and also the only floating National Park in the world.
- is home to the endangered Brow-antlered deer
- is famous for floating decomposed plant materials locally called phumdis.
Which among the above Statement(s) is/are correct?
8. Which among the following awards institued by the Government of India for individuals or communities from rural areas that have shown extraordinary courage and dedication in protecting Wildlife?
9. Which among the following chronic lung disease commonly known as ‘black lung’ disease,leads to reduced life expectancy in coal-miners?
Consider the following Statement(s) regarding ‘White-label ATMs’
- White label ATMs refer to the machines which are owned by private operators seeking to earn a rent from banks for transactions carried out by their customers.
- The investment, installation and maintenance of a White label ATM is by a private operator but the licence and branding is of a commercial bank.
Which of the above Statement(s) is/are correct?