VA Tech Wabag wins Global Water Award
Chennai based leading water technology Indian Multinational VA Tech Wabag Ltd. bagged the prestigious Global Water Award for its 45 million liters a day Tertiary Treatment Reverse Osmosis Plant at Koyambedu, Chennai.
- The plant has won the distinction award under the category of ‘wastewater project of the year’.
- The plant is one of the largest and technologically advanced water treatment plants in India.
- The project caters to the municipal corporations by recycling water and thus helps urban water governance.
- Chennai became the first Indian city to reuse more than 20% of its treated wastewater.
- The plant is going to release a total of 16 million cubic meters of freshwater every year.
What is water treatment?
It is a process that seeks to improve the quality of the water by removing contaminants and undesirable components, for a specific end-use, usually drinking purpose. It also includes water supply for industrial activities, agricultural irrigation, the national flow of rivers, and various other uses which ensures natural ecological balance.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|