Mujibnagar Day 17th April
The historic Mujibnagar day was observed in Bangladesh as on this day Bangladesh first government in 1971 was formed at Baidyanathtala in Meherpur.
- The day was observed by political parties and social & cultural organizations through various programs.
- Leaders of liberation movement of Bangladesh had assembled and provisional government of independent Bangladesh was formed on 10th April 1971. However oath taking ceremony took place on 17th April 1971.
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was declared the President of independent Bangladesh.
- It led to the Bangladesh Liberation War, also known as the Bangladesh War of Independence, from Pakistan in 1971.
- The war began after the Pakistani military based in West Pakistan launched Operation Searchlight against the people of East Pakistan on the night of 25 March 1971.
On this occasion President and Prime Minister of Bangladesh recalled and urged the support of world community as well as people of the country to engage themselves in building Bangladesh to make it free from hunger, poverty and illiteracy.
Topics: Bangladesh , Bangladesh Liberation War , Bengal , Continents , Countries , East Pakistan , Military history of Bangladesh , Mujibnagar , Proclamation of Bangladeshi Independence , Provisional Government of Bangladesh , Sheikh Mujibur Rahman , South Asia