Quiz 87 : General Awareness for All Examinations
1. Which among the following Industrial Policies started the process of full-scale liberalization and intensified the process of integration of India with the global economy?
[A]New Industrial Policy 1991
[B]Industrial Policy Statement 1977
[C]Industrial Policy Resolution 1956
[D]New Industrial License Policy 1986
2. In which year Bretton Woods Agreement was signed?
3. In which year The International Finance Corporation (IFC) was established?
4. In which year, the "soft loan window" of IBRD was established ?
5. Consider the following:
1. ADR →American Depository Receipt
2. SWIFT→Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications
3. DDT→Dividend Distribution Tax
4. CHIPS→Clearing House Interbank Payments System
Which among the above acronyms have been correctly expanded?
[C]1 2 3
[D]1 2 3 4
6. In which five year plan, the Panchayati Raj System was introduced in India for the first time?
7. The chairman of the Committee on Public Accounts is nominated by which among the following?
[B]Lok Sabha Speaker
[C]Lok Sabha Secretary
[D]Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs
8. Which among the following country had proposed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty?
9. The Dag Hammarskjöld Library is part of the which International Body Headquarters?
[A]World Trade Organization
[D]World Health Organization
10. Which among the following newspaper established by Mahatma Gandhi which was an important tool for the political movement led by Gandhi and the Natal Indian Congress to fight racial discrimination and win civil rights for the Indian immigrant community in South Africa?
11. Consider the following cities:
1. New Delhi
Which among the following set presents the correct order of shifting the headquarters of Indian Meteorological Department?
[A]1, 2, 3, 4
[B]4, 3, 2, 1
[C]4, 2, 3, 1
[D]2, 4, 3, 1
12. Which among the following has the highest content of Vitamin E of any food that has not undergone prior preparation or vitamin fortification?
[A]Wheat germ oil
[B]Rice germ oil
[C]Oat bran oil
13. What happens to the weight of Iron, when it rusts?
[A]Increases for long time
[B]Decreases then increases
[C]Increases then decreases
[D]Remains the same
14. Consider the following statements in context Calcium Deficiency in Potato:
1. The deficiency symptoms of Calcium on plants first appear in the terminal leaves in comparison to the lower leaves
2. The deficiency symptoms of Calcium don't appear on tubers
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
[A]Only 1 is correct
[B]Only 2 is correct
[C]Both 1 & 2 are correct
[D]Neither 1 nor 2 is correct
15. Laughing Buddha is popularly regarded as an incarnation of which of the following Bodhisattvas?