Quiz 70 : GK for SSC Examinations
1. A Rajya Sabha member is elected for a term which extends _____?
2. Consider the following countries:
The Kangchenjunga transboundary landscape is shared by which among the above countries?
[A]3 & 4
[B]2, 3 & 4
[C]1, 2 , 3 & 4
3. Which among the following is NOT an agriculture activity?
[C]XeriscapingXeriscaping is also known as xerogardening. Xeriscaping refers to landscaping and gardening in ways that reduce or eliminate the need for supplemental water from irrigation. .....
4. In 1906, at the founding session of all India Muslim League in Dhaka, who became the first president of the party ?
[A]Nawab Salimullah Khan
[B]Khwaja Abdul Ghani
[C]M. Shamsher Ali
[D]Muhammad Ali Bogra
5. The spiritual guru Gadadhar Chattopadhyay is best known with which among the following names ?
6. Stapes, the smallest and the lightest bone in human body, is the part of which organ ?
7. Jayamkondam in Tamil Nadu is famous for which among the following minerals?
8. Who among the following is the author of the book 'A Brief History of Time' ?
9. For the popularization of Science, which of the following agency of awards the Kalinga Prize ?
[A]World Economic ForumWorld Economic Forum (WEF) is an international institution founded by Klaus Schwab, that works to improve the state of the world through public-private cooperation. It .....
[C]International Science Congress
[D]Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India
10. Which ancient Indian physician is known as the 'Father of Surgery'
11. Who presided over the first session of the All India Trade Union Congress in 1920 ?
[A]Purshottam Das Tandon
[B]Lala Lajpat Rai
[D]Govind Vallabh Pant
12. On which planet, due to its clockwise (east to west) rotation on the axis, the Sun rises in the west and sets in the east ?
13. What was the original name of Mirabehn, an associate and disciple of Mahatma Gandhi?
[B]Millie Graham Polock
14. For his major role in the development of computer chip 'Pentium', which Indian IT expert is called the 'Father of Pentium' ?
15. Gol Ghar, a beehive shaped structure built in 1786 to store grains for the British Army, is located in which city ?