Quiz 580: Current Affairs November 2011
1. Recently, Mark Boucher from which among the following countries became the first cricketer to take 500 Test catches?
2. Consider the following statements about Agni-II Prime, which was recently tested successfully:
1. Its a medium range ballistic missile
2. Its a surface to surface missile
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
[C]Both 1 & 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
3. In which state is located the Wheeler Island, which is used by India for its missile tests?
4. Recently, Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard made a strong pitch for uranium sale to India. What is Australia's current rank among World Uranium Suppliers?
5. On 18 November 2011, the presidents of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia signed an agreement, setting a target of establishing the which among the following organizations by 2015?
[B]Central Asian Union
6. Which among the following was the venue of the 17th edition of the International Children's Film Festival of India, the Golden Elephant?
7. Which among the following country is the champion of 2011 Kabaddi World Cup held in Punjab recently?
8. Who among the following players of Kabaddi was awarded as "Best Raider" in the recently held 2011 Kabaddi World Cup?
[A]Gagandeep Singh Kheerawali
[B]Mangat Singh Mangi
9. Which among the following states recently (November 2011) implemented the "Public Services Guarantee Act" which provides for time bound disposal of 108 public services related to 15 departments of the state government?
10. Mario Monti has been recently elected new Prime Minister of which among the following countries?
11. Which among the following countries is known for its traditional Loya Jirga meetings about which it was recently said that they will undermine the authority of Parliament and will be a clear violation of law?
12. Ministers and experts of "Climate Vulnerable Forum" a forum of 20 countries, which fear that they are the most vulnerable to global climate change, recently met at which among the following places to urge rich western nations for more help?
13. Which among the following country is the host of 2018 Commonwealth Games?
14. Recently, Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar became the first cricketer to cross 15,000-runs mark in Test cricket. In How many tests, he achieved this milestone?
15. Kudumbashree, the model poverty alleviation programme is known to have been implemented in which among the following states successfully?