India Energy Week 2023
The India Energy Week was inaugurated by PM Modi in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The event is to focus on energy security and India’s energy transition goals. This includes net-zero emission target achievement by 2070. The major attraction of the event is the launch of E20 fuel in more than 84 outlets in 11 states and UTs.
The focus of India energy week
- PM Modi will launch solar and conventional energy hybrid cooking systems. It was designed and created by Indian Oil. It is called the Indoor Solar Cooking System.
- Launch of 20% ethanol blend petrol, E20
- Launch of “UNBOTTLED” initiative by PM Modi: Aim of the initiative is to phase out single-use plastics
- Indian companies like GAIL, Adnani, HPCL, IOCL, BPCL, ONGC, and Total gas will demonstrate new products and services
- Participation of more than 650 business associates from 50 countries
- GoI plans on achieving 20% ethanol blend biofuels
- Discussions about the oil companies setting up 2G ethanol plants and 3G ethanol plants
- Green Mobility Rally: Focusing on green energy sources; Create public awareness on green fuels
India Energy Week is gaining popularity all over the world because it is being launched during a global energy crisis period. The crisis has come up due to the Ukraine-Russian war. EU took several measures to counter Russia’s actions in Ukraine. For instance, Russian oil imports to the EU countries were stopped.
Also, the event is covering the “need of the moment” topics such as biofuels, energy supply chains, upstream and downstream investments, etc.
Month: Current Affairs - February, 2023
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs - 2022 • Environment Current Affairs • Events Current Affairs • Important Days & Events Current Affairs
Topics: Biofuel • Energy crisis • Energy security • Ethanol Blending • India Energy Week • PM Modi
Current Affairs MCQs PDF - February, 2023
Current Affairs Articles Compilation [PDF] - February, 2023
Current Affairs [PDF] - February 16-28, 2023
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|