Quiz 461 : General Studies for Public Service Examinations
1.Which among the following statement about Shri. Siddhartha Shankar Ray, who died in November 2010, is NOT correct ?
(A)He worked as India’s ambassador to England
(B)He worked as Chief Minister of West Bengal
(C)He was known for his stringent actions against the naxalites
(D)He worked as Governor of Punjab
2.When a piece of quicklime is dipped in water, it gives bubbles. This bubbling is due to which of the following ?
3.The term “Reserve Replacement Ratio” is most commonly used in which of the following industries?
(B)Chemical & Fertilizer Industry
(C)Oil and Gas Industry
4.Consider the following statements about ONGC:
1. Government of India has decided to bestow ‘Maharatna’ status to ONGC
2. ONGC has 30% interest in the natural gas production from D-6 field of Reliance Industries Limited in the East Coast, and oil from RJ-ON-90/1 block in Rajasthan
3. ONGC is the largest acreage holder company in India.
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
(A)1 and 2
(B)1 and 3
(C)1, 2 and 3
(D)all of them are correct
5.Who among the following is best known for defending three Indian National Army soldiers accused of treason during World War II?
(C)Subhash Chandra Bose
6.From which of the following, East India Company aquired Bombay on a lease on 27 March 1668?
7.Which of the following took birth from the Marrakech Agreement?
(A)World Economic Forum
(B)World Trade organization
8.Consider the following statements:
1. Non-plan expenditures are NOT tied to any scheme
2. Subsidies are Non-plan expenditures
Which among the above is / are correct statements?
(C)Both 1 & 2
(D)Neither 1 nor 2
9.In how many states, the government is implementing the Mahila Samakhya Programme?
10.Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme was started for which among the following?
(A)Ex-Andaman political prisoners, freedom fighters and their dependents
(B)Freedom fighters under Goa Liberation Movement
(C)Strugglers for merger of erstwhile Nizam State of Hyderabad with Union of India
(D)All of above
11.Consider the following:
1. Hearing appeals against the decisions and orders of the Chief Commissioners of Income Tax
2. Adjudication of disputes in respect of levy, assessment, collection and enforcement of direct taxes
3. Adjudication of disputes with respect to the rates of duties of Customs and Central Excise on goods
Which among the above come under the functions of “National Tax Tribunal”?
(A)Only 1 & 2
(B)Only 2 & 3
(C)Only 1 & 3
12.What is the purpose of Focus LAC scheme?
(A)Promotion of Exorts
(B)Promotion of Handicraft Industry
(D)Sea Food Production
13.In which year Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA), was established?
14.Consider the following statements:
1. Non-Lapsable Central Pool of Resources envisages 10 % of the Plan Budget of India
2. Non-Lapsable Central Pool of Resources is used for Rural Development in entire country
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
(A)Only 1 is correct
(B)Only 2 is correct
(C)Both 1 & 2 are correct
(D)Neither 1 nor 2 is correct
15.From 2006, celebration of which of the following Anniversary of the Mahaparinirvana of Gautam Buddha started?