Quiz 461: General Studies for Public Service Examinations
1. When a piece of quicklime is dipped in water, it gives bubbles. This bubbling is due to which of the following ?
2. The term “Reserve Replacement Ratio” is most commonly used in which of the following industries?
3. Who among the following is best known for defending three Indian National Army soldiers accused of treason during World War II?
4. From which of the following, East India Company aquired Bombay on a lease on 27 March 1668?
5. Which of the following took birth from the Marrakech Agreement?
6. Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme was started for which among the following?
7. Which of the following is / are functions of National Tax Tribunal?
- Hearing appeals against the decisions and orders of the Chief Commissioners of Income Tax
- Adjudication of disputes in respect of levy, assessment, collection and enforcement of direct taxes
- Adjudication of disputes with respect to the rates of duties of Customs and Central Excise on goods
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
8. What is the purpose of Focus LAC scheme?
9. In which year Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA), was established?
10. Consider the following statements:
- All kinds of Color Blindness are result of Genetic disorders
- All kinds of Night Blindness are result of malnutrition
Which among the above statements is / are correct?