Wimbledon Tennis Championship Title 2021
Novak Djokovic has won his 6th Grand Slam Wimbledon Tennis Championship Title 2021.
- Wimbledon Championship 2021 was 134th edition, 53rd Open Era, and the third Grand Slam Tournament of 2021.
- Championship tournament in 2020 was cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic for the first time since World War II.
- Tournament was started on June 28, 2021 for which finals were played in London, England on July 11, 2021.
- Novak Djokovic turned out to be men’s singles defending champion.
- Roger Federer, with 8 titles, won maximum number of titles in 2021 tournament.
Where the tournament was held?
Wimbledon Men’s Single Championship 2021 was held at All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in London, England.
Wimbledon Men’s Singles Championship
Wimbledon Championship is the oldest tennis tournament worldwide. It is widely regarded as most prestigious championship. It has been held since 1877 at All England Club in Wimbledon, London. It is played on outdoor grass courts. A retractable roof over Centre Court is used since 2009 while since 2019, it is used over No. 1 Court. Tournament is traditionally taken place over two weeks in late June & early July. However, in 2015 time of the event moved back by a week to begin in early July.
Wimbledon is one among four Grand Slam tennis tournaments. Other tournaments are Australian Open, French Open and US Open. Wimbledon is the only major tournament which is still played on traditional tennis playing surface, Grass.
He is a Serbian professional tennis player, ranked as world No. 1 Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP). He has been No. 1 for record of 329 weeks. He has also finished as year-end No. 1 on Open Era joint record six occasions. As of now, he has won 20 Grand Slam men’s singles titles and 85 ATP singles titles.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
Category: Sports Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|