National Corona Survey conducted in 410 districts
On April 2, 2020, the Union Minister Jitendra Sigh released National Preparedness Survey on COVID-19. The survey was conducted in 410 districts in 3 working days.
Objective of the survey
The survey was conducted in order to achieve the following
- To develop comparative analysis on the steps taken by the states
- To capture process related deficiencies in the current actions taken by GoI to combat the virus
- To identify the priorities and constraints in the preparedness of COVID-19 fight.
Key Highlights of the survey
The survey was conducted by distributing questionnaire to district magistrates/collectors. They were asked to register into portals and submit replies. The findings of the survey are as follows
- The people’s awareness about the virus has increased
- 75% said people are taking precautions
- 69% said that the lock down is being handled in a peaceful way
- Only 50% agreed on the adequacy of availability of beds
The main concern of the survey was the non-availability of adequate ventilator machines.
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs