National Corona Survey conducted in 410 districts
On April 2, 2020, the Union Minister Jitendra Sigh released National Preparedness Survey on COVID-19. The survey was conducted in 410 districts in 3 working days.
Objective of the survey
The survey was conducted in order to achieve the following
- To develop comparative analysis on the steps taken by the states
- To capture process related deficiencies in the current actions taken by GoI to combat the virus
- To identify the priorities and constraints in the preparedness of COVID-19 fight.
Key Highlights of the survey
The survey was conducted by distributing questionnaire to district magistrates/collectors. They were asked to register into portals and submit replies. The findings of the survey are as follows
- The people’s awareness about the virus has increased
- 75% said people are taking precautions
- 69% said that the lock down is being handled in a peaceful way
- Only 50% agreed on the adequacy of availability of beds
The main concern of the survey was the non-availability of adequate ventilator machines.
PM orders Audit of Ventilators provided by the Centre
On May 15, 2021, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi ordered an audit of ventilators provided by the Ce...
WHO warns against use of ivermectin to treat Covid-19
The Health Minister of Goa recently recommended the use of “Ivermectin” to all people above the ...
China discussed weaponizing COVID
A Chinese document written in 2015 states that SARS virus shall be used as a “New Era of Genetic W...
Mucormycosis-Black Fungus Infection in COVID Patients
Mucormycosis, also known as black fungus infection is increasing among the COVID patients. The Natio...
Co-WIN introduces 4-digit security code
The Ministry of Health recently announced that a new security feature is being added to the Co-WIN s...
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|