Delhi announces monetary support for Covid-19 affected families
Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal, launched a scheme to provide monetary support to covid-19 affected families on July 6, 2021.
- Chief Minister also launched an online portal which will help in providing financial assistance to families.
- He also asked officials not to find faults in their claim applications.
Mukhyamantri Covid-19 Pariwar Aarthik Sahayata Yojana
- This scheme was notified by Department of Social Welfare on June 22, 2022.
- Under this scheme, Rs 50,000 ex gratia will be provided to every family who lost a member to Covid-19.
- Additional of Rs 2,500 per month will be provided to them if deceased was sole breadwinner of the family.
- This financial assistance will be provided without conducting scrutiny of applications and without finding any faults in application.
- If any family lack any document, government will help them to obtain it.
- Under the scheme, government will also consider a single member of affected family to be enrolled as civil defence volunteer.
- Government also affirmed to look after health and education needs of dependent children as per existing policy.
Who can get financial assistance?
There is no income criterion to apply for financial assistance under the newly launched scheme. However, in order to get assistance, deceased & dependent should be from Delhi and Death should be certified Covid-19 death or death within one month of testing Covid positive.
On May 18, 2021 Delhi Chief Minister said, “Each family in which a death has occurred because of Covid will be provided ex-gratia of Rs 50,000.” Families where earning member has died due to Covid-19, will get a monthly pension of Rs 2,500 besides ex gratia of Rs 50,000. Children who lost their both parents or one parent will be provided Rs 2,500 per month till the age of 25 years. Such children will also be provided free education.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|