47th Anniversary of Vijay Diwas celebrated
India celebrated Vijay Diwas on 16th December 2018 marking the 47th anniversary of its victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war. On this occasion, the Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman along with the heads of the three armed forces paid tributes to the martyrs at Amar Jawan Jyoti at the India Gate in New Delhi.
About Vijay Diwas:
- Vijay Diwas, also called as Victory Day, is celebrated on every 16th December in India.
- It marks the victory of Indian armed forces over Pakistan in the war of Independence of Bangladesh from Pakistan in 1971.
- At the end of the 1971 war, the Pakistani Army unilaterally and unconditionally surrendered resulting in the independence of East Pakistan, which was called as Bangladesh.
- On this day in 1971, the chief of the Pakistani forces along with 93,000 troops, surrendered to the allied forces consists of Indian Army and Mukti Bahini in Dhaka after they got defeated in the war.
- On the anniversary of Vijay Divas, respect and tributes are paid to the martyrs who laid down their lives for their country.
- Every year on Vijay Diwas, the Indian Defence Minister along with heads of armed forces of India pay their tributes to the martyrs at Amar Jawan Jyoti at the India Gate in New Delhi and also at the National Military Memorial, Bangalore.
On Vijay Diwas, every year, Citizens, senior officials, students & war veterans pay their homage and remember the sacrifices of the soldiers.
Category: Defence Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|