Quiz 86: Indian Polity & Constitution
1. Consider the following:
1. Central Government
2. State Governments
Which among the above can levy the taxes on agricultural revenues?
[C]Both 1 & 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
2. Consider the following:
1. Fundamental Rights
2. Fundamental Duties
3. Directive Principles of State Policy
In India, the provisions related to "education" have been embodied in which among the above?
[A]1 & 2
[B]2 & 3
[C]1 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
3. If President and Vice President, both are unavailable, who among the following would discharge the functions?
[B]Lok Sabha Speaker
[C]Chief Justice of India
[D]Any person nominated by President or Vice President
4. What can be the maximum number of members of the Lok Sabha ?
5. Which among the following was the strength of Lok Sabha after India's first general elections?
6. In India the Parliament is made up of ___:
1. Lok Sabha
2. Rajya Sabha
4. Vice President
5. Lok Sabha Speaker
Choose the correct option:
[B]1 2 3
[C]1 2 3 4
[D]1 2 3 4 5
7. Consider the following:
1. Members of Lok Sabha
2. Members of Rajya Sabha
3. Members of Legislative Assemblies
4. Members of Legislative Councils
Who among the above choose President of India?
[C]1 2 3
[D]1 2 3 4
8. For how many times, a person can become President of India?
9. If the Government of a State fails to enforce the Directive principals of the state Policy, a citizen can move to which among the following courts to file a writ petition to get them enforced?
10. Which among the following articles helped the Madarsas in India to remain out of purview of the Right to Education Act?
11. The ultimate sovereignty in the Indian Polity rests with which among the following?
[B]Council of Ministers
[D]People of India
12. Which among the following is the basis of representation in Rajya Sabha for States?
[C]Both A & B
[D]Neither A nor B
13. Consider the following statements:
1. Presiding officer is member of the Rajya Sabha
2. All Union Territories have representation in Rajya Sabha
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
[C]Both 1 and 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
14. New All India services can be initiated in India only if the following makes a recommendation?
[D]Council of Ministers
15. What is the maximum life of an ordinance promulgated by President?