Quiz 6: Basic General Knowledge
1. The terms Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia are related to which among the following?
(C)Metabolism of sugar galactose
2. Opium is obtained from the dry latex from which part of the Papaver somniferum Plant?
3. Which part of the Human Body stores Glycogen?
4. In Cricket, there are only four bowlers to have bowled over 5000 overs in Test cricket. Who among the following is NOT included in these 4 players?
(A)Muttiah Muralitharan of Sri Lanka
(B)Shane Warne of Australia
(C)Kapil Dev of India
(D)Courtney Walsh of West Indies
5. Who among the following is the only player in the history of cricket to have taken more than 400 wickets and scored more than 5,000 runs in test cricket, making him one of the greatest all-rounders to have played the game?
6. Who among the following is known to have produced a piece of art titled ‘Portrait Francoise’ ?
7. What is the original name of Santa Claus?
8. Who among the following has written the book- -“The Men Who Killed Gandhi”?
(A)R. K. Narayan
(C)Raghunath Vinayak Dhulekar
9. Narrow water area attached with a main land in the form of channels, known as "Kayals" are found in which among the following states of India?
10. Which among the following rivers originates from the Amarkantak?
11. Which among the following is the Highest Peak located entirely in Territories of India (excluding POK)?
12. Who among the following was the first Indian Scholar who treated Mathematics as a different subject?
13. Consider the following:
4. Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Which among the above Union Territories are represented in Rajya Sabha?
(B)1 & 2
(C)1, 2 & 3
(D)1, 2, 3 & 4
14. Which among the following was the Capital of Bahamani Sultanate?
15. Which of the following rivers was known as "Drishdvati" in Vedic Era?
Last Updated: May 19, 2011