Quiz 8: Basic General Knowledge
1. Plasmodium falciparum , which causes malaria in humans is kept in which among the following groups?
2. Which among the following is the most important role played by Ribosome in the cells?
(A)Synthesis of RNA
(B)Synthesis of DNA
(C)Synthesis of Protein
(D)Metabolism of Carbohydrates
3. Who among the following is the current head of International Atomic Energy Agency?
4. Which among the following kinds of roots are found in Sugarcane?
5. The word "Mangal" is used for which among the following kinds of vegetations?
(D)Mediterranean forests, woodlands, and scrub
6. Consider the following statements about Chairman of Rajya Sabha:
1. Vice President, who is also ex-officio chairman of Rajya Sabha is not a member of the Parliament
2. Vice President, who is also ex-officio chairman of Rajya Sabha has no right to vote
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
(A)Only 1 is correct
(B)Only 2 is correct
(C)Both 1 & 2 are correct
(D)Neither 1 nor 2 is correct
7. Who among the following established Swadesh Bandhab Samiti ?
(A)Ashwini Kumar Datta
8. During the 1857 Mutiny, who among the following was Governor General of India?
9. "Kalimantan" is the part of which among the following countries?
10. What is the maximum size & Minimum size of a Vidhan Sabha in Indian state, as outlined in the Constitution of India ?
11. In which of the following countries / regions is located the Buddhist Somapura Mahavihara?
12. Nakoda at Rajasthan, which is famous for miracles at Nakodaji, is a temple of which among the following ?
13. The temples at Belur, Halebidu and Somnathpura are supreme examples of which among the following types of Temple Architecture?
14. The capital of which among the following countries is called "Krung Thep Maha Nakhon" in local language?
15. In context with biology, which among the following is a Zoophyte?
(A)A plant that resembles an animal
(B)An animal that resembles a plant
(C)A plant that grows on an animal
(D)An animal that grows on a plant