Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : September 6, 2012
1. According to the new norms for mobile handsets, what is the allowed value for the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) of mobile handsets?
[A]1.6 watt/kg averaged over 10 grams of human tissue
[B]1.8 watt/kg averaged over 10 grams of human tissue
[C]1.6 watt/kg averaged over 1 gram of human tissue
[D]1.8 watt/kg averaged over 1 gram of human tissue
1.6 watt/kg averaged over 1 gram of human tissue
2. Under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY), how many AIIMS-like institutions are setting up by Government of India?
3. The National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council track all the Public Sector projects with an investment of ___________?
[A]Rs. 500 crore and above
[B]Rs. 1,000 crore and above
[C]Rs. 1,500 crore and above
[D]Rs. 2,000 crore and above
Rs. 1,000 crore and above
4. Which among the following proteins that plays a crucial role in increasing muscle mass during development was recently found by Australian scientists?
5. Recently which among the following country has signed a scientific and technological cooperation agreement with Iran, bringing the two nations deeply at odds with the US closer together?
6. Which among the following State government has instituted nutrition awards at the district level to check malnourishment among children?
The Haryana Government has instituted nutrition awards at the district level to check malnourishment among children. Under the scheme, three best performing districts which checked malnutrition among children will get cash awards of Rs. two lakh, Rs. one lakh and Rs. 50,000 respectively.
7. In the 2012 Nehru cup, India won the title by beating _________?
8. Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA), which is an international standardised assessment that tests 15-year-olds in reading, mathematical science and science literacy is introduced by_________?
9. Which among the following countries is not a member of Mekong-Ganga Cooperation?
Mekong–Ganga Cooperation (MGC) was established in 2000. It comprises six Member countries namely, India, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos
and Vietnam. They emphasised four areas of cooperation, which are tourism, culture, education, and transportation linkage in order to be solid
foundation for future trade and investment cooperation in the region.
10. Recently in which among the following State, Government of India has launched National Vocational Education Qualification Framework (NVEQF) pilot project?