Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : July 7, 2012
1. Consider the following Statements:
1.The responsibility of conducting the decennial Census rests with the Office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
2.C.Chandramouli is the Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India.
Which among the above Statement(s) is/are correct?
[C]Both 1 and 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
Both 1 and 2
2. Which among the following was the first state to receive the 'Nirmal Rajya Puruskar' for achieving 100 per cent sanitation?
3. Who has been appointed the third chairman of the Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) on spectrum to fix the reserve price for spectrum in the 2G auctions scheduled for August?
4. Which country is the largest source of foreign direct investment (FDI) into India?
5. Thousands of virus-hit computers, including in India, may lose Internet access from July 9, 2012 due to a malware called ______ which is a computer programme that redirects the Internet traffic to fake websites.
Nearly 3 lakh DNSChanger virus-hit computers, including over 20,000 in India, may lose Internet access from July 9. DNSChanger is a malware computer programme that redirects the Internet traffic to fake websites. A McAfee spokesperson said that according to the data provided by DNSChanger Working Group, India has the third-highest number of DNS infections after the United States and Italy.
6. Which of the following much-awaited undiscovered subatomic particle, popularly known as 'God Particle' has been recently demonstrated by the scientists ?
7. Which Gulf Country has for the first time announced that it would allow women to compete in 2012 Olympic Games?
[D]United Arab Emirates
8. According to the Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia, the approach paper for the 12th Plan has set a target of ___% average annual growth for the plan period.
9. Which former Chief-Minister has been given a clean chit by the Supreme Court relating to acquiring movable and immovable assets disproportionate to the known sources of his/her income?
[A]Lalu Prasad Yadav
[D]Vasundhara Raje Scindia
10. New Exploration Licensing policy(NELP) is related to production and exploration of:
[A]Oil and Natural Gas
Oil and Natural Gas
New Exploration Licensing Policy (NELP) was conceptualised by the Government of India, during 1997-98 to provide an equal platform to both Public and Private sector companies in exploration and production of hydrocarbons with Directorate General of Hydrocarbons (DGH) as a nodal agency for its implementation. It was introduced to boost the production of oil and natural gas and providing level playing field for both public and private players.