What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Discuss its various applications and scope for development in India.
Published: June 7, 2019
It is a branch of computer science which deals with creating computers or machines as intelligent as human beings. The term was coined in 1956 byï¿½John McCarthy.
- Health sector: Faster, cheaper and more accurate diagnosis and thus improving patient outcomes and reducing costs
- Education Sector: AI can make some of the educational processes automated such as grading, rewarding marks etc. therefore giving educators more time
- Financial Sector:It can be applied to the personal finance applications and could collect personal data and provide financial advice
- Gaming: AI has a crucial role in strategic games such as chess, poker, tic-tac-toe, etc.
- Cyber Security: AI can provide more teeth toï¿½cyber securityï¿½and must be explored
- Lower error rate compared to humans. Better precision and accuracy
- Better speed
- Not affected by surrounding environment
- Replace humans in repetitive, tedious tasks
- Better user experience through predictive technology
- Logical i.e. devoid of emotions
- Can make rational decisions with less or no mistakes
Scope in India: AI can complement Digital India Mission by helping in the big data analysis .Targeted delivery of services, schemes, and subsidy can be further fine-tuned. Weather forecasting models may become proactive and therefore pre-planning for any future mishaps. Disaster management can be faster and more accessible with the help of robots and intelligent machines.
Model Questions Category: 081 - Indigenization of Technology and Developing New Technology