"For the betterment of Indian Railways, numerous committees and panels have been created from time to time."Examine the important committees and their recommendations.
- MacKay Commission of 1907 recommended the modification of the Railway Board with one member having good commercial and financial knowledge.
- Acworth Committee of 1920 recommended the consolidation and nationalization of the Indian Railways.
- Railway Convention committees started in 1950, are appointed every 5 years to look after finances of the Indian Railways, constitution and administration of Indian railways.
- Rakesh Mohan Committee Report 2002 gave radical suggestion of corporatization of Indian Railways and set up of Indian Rail Regulatory Authority (IRRA).
- Anil Kakodkar Committee 2012 gave suggestion over high-level safety review of Indian railways.
- Sam Pitroda Committee 2012 gave suggestion over modernization of Indian Railways.
- Bibek Debroy Committee 2015 suggested Mobilization of Resources for Major Railway Projects and Restructuring of Railway Ministry and Railway Board
Topics: 077 - Infrastructure Ports Roads Airports Railways