Discuss the salient features of the Sagarmala Project.
Sagarmala project is an initiative of government of India, which aims at port led infrastructure development in all the coastal areas of India to boost the maritime industry and economy.
Its features are:
- Establishment of rail / road linkages with the port terminals
- Multi-modal connectivity including rail, inland water, coastal and road services
- Logistics parks, warehousing, maritime zones/services
- Port based and coastal tourism and recreational activities
- Modernizing the existing ports and development of new ports
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|