India-Denmark Business Forum
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi jointly participated with the Prime Minister of Denmark, and Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, in the “India- Denmark Business Forum”.
- What are the highlights of PM Modi’s speech?
- Which areas were focused on in the event?
- What are the pacts signed during PM Narendra Modi’s one-day visit to Denmark?
- What is India-Denmark Green Strategic Partnership?
- What is International Centre for Anti-Microbial Resistance Solution (ICARS)?
- How many Indians live in Denmark?
What are the highlights of PM Modi’s speech?
- Prime Minister Modi Invoked the popular social media expression FOMO (fear of missing out) and said those not investing in India will certainly miss out.
- He highlighted the business-friendly approach of India and said that economic reforms created investment opportunities in various sectors like green technology, cold chains, shipping, and ports.
- He emphasized the complementary skillsets of the two economies and invited Danish companies to take advantage of India’s enormous opportunities.
- Over 200 Danish companies in India are actively engaged in taking forward ‘Make in India’, Jal Jeevan Mission’, Digital India’, and other key national missions.
- More than 60 Indian companies in Denmark, mainly in the IT sector, are further cementing bilateral business-to-business ties.
Which areas were focused on in the event?
- Green Technology, Innovation, and Digitization
- Energy Independence and Renewable Energy
- Water, Environment, and Agriculture
- Infrastructure, Transportation & Services.
What are the pacts signed during PM Narendra Modi’s one-day visit to Denmark?
- Declaration of Intent (DoI) on Migration and Mobility
- Letter of Intent (LoI) on Centre of Excellence in Green Shipping.
- Cultural Exchange Programme (CEP) between the Ministry of Culture, GoI, and Ministry of Culture of Denmark for the years 2022-2026.
- Letter of Intent (LoI) between the Ministry of Jal Shakti and the Ministry of Environment of Denmark.
- MoU on Cooperation in the field of Skill Development, Vocational Education, and Entrepreneurship.
- Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) on Cooperation in the fields of Animal Husbandry and Dairying.
- Launch of Energy Policy Dialogue at Ministerial level.
- India to join as the mission partner to ICARS (International Centre for Anti-Microbial Resistance Solution).
- Letter of Intent (LoI) between Invest India and Technical University of Denmark to facilitate start-up collaboration.
What is India-Denmark Green Strategic Partnership?
- ‘India-Denmark: A Green Strategic Partnership’ was established in September 2020.
- During PM Modi’s visit to Denmark, both countries agreed to further strengthen the Green Strategic Partnership with a focus on green hydrogen, renewable energy, and wastewater management.
- The aim is to push the world for an ambitious green energy transition and demonstrate the pathways to achieving it, focusing both on energy efficiency and renewable energy.
What is International Centre for Anti-Microbial Resistance Solution (ICARS)?
- It is a research partnership supporting the development & implementation of context-specific & cost-effective solutions to tackle Anti-Microbial Resistance (AMR) in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
- ICARS co-develops tailored solutions with LMIC governments, who then implement them on the ground using ICARS funding and expertise.
- In November 2018, the Danish Government formally announced its ambition to establish ICARS. In November 2021 ICARS became an independent organization following the appointment of the first Board of Directors.
How many Indians live in Denmark?
Denmark is home to a robust Indian diaspora of 16,000 people.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2022
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs - 2022
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|