Gujarat Sports Policy 2022-27
Recently, the government of Gujarat unveiled a new Sports Policy 2022-27.
Overview of the Sports Policy 2022-27
- The objective of Sports Policy 2022-27 is to change the sports scenario in Gujarat.
- An equal emphasis has been laid on promoting the sports talent in Gujarat and also creating world-class sports infrastructure across the state.
- Through this policy, the Gujarat government aims to encourage and promote sports culture by organizing national and international tournaments and giving prizes to all sportspersons. The government also wants to conduct amateur and professional sports leagues and implement efficient sports governance in Gujarat.
About the High-Performance Centers (HPCs)
- The Sports Policy 2022-27 envisages establishing four new High-Performance Centers (HPCs) for elite athletes, which provide training facilities of international standards.
- One of the new HPCs will be specifically for the training purposes of the para-athletes.
- To provide personalized training and development, HPCs will have a specialized team of physiotherapists, psychologists, nutritionists, strength coaches, and sports analysts.
- Apart from HPCs, eight centers of excellence will also be established. The participation of the Private sector will be encouraged in establishing both HPCs and centers of excellence.
Other highlights of the policy
- The policy lays down a three-tier “elite athlete development program.”
- Huge cash awards and incentives are also promised for sportspersons.
- A sports incubator will also be established.
- Data analytics and sports science will be introduced in the curriculum of Sports University.
- The Sports Authority of Gujarat will be the nodal agency to implement the policy.
Benefits to allied sectors
The creation of infrastructure facilities will not only benefit athletes, but also those in the allied sectors. The policy also proposes to establish an industrial cluster comprising companies that manufacture sports goods. Thus, it will give a boost to Gujarat’s manufacturing sector.
Category: States Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|