Budget 2021: PM Aatma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana and Mission Poshan 2.0 announced
The Finance Minister of India, Nirmala Sitharaman, has announced two new centrally sponsored scheme namely, the PM AatmaNirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana and the Mission Poshan 2.0 while presenting the Union Budget 2021.
- As per the announcement, a new centrally sponsored scheme called PM Aatma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana will be launched
- Further, an outlay of Rs. 64,180 crores for over 6 years have been announced for the PM Aatma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana. This was announced in addition to the National Health Mission (NHM).
PM Aatma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana
The PM Aatma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana comprises of following interventions:
- To provide support around 17,788 rural and 11,024 urban Health and Wellness Centres.
- Establishment of PM National Institution for One Health.
- Establishment of 15 Health Emergency Operation Centres and 2 mobile hospitals.
- Establishment of 4 regional National Institutes for Virology.
- Creation of the Integrated public health labs in all the districts and 3382 block public health units in all the 11 states.
- Establishment of Critical care hospital blocks in 602 districts and 12 central institutions.
- To strengthen the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), 5 regional branches and 20 metropolitan health surveillance units.
- To expand the Integrated Health Information Portal to all States and UTs so as to connect all public health labs.
- To establish the Bio-Safety Level III laboratories.
- Creation of the 17 new Public Health Units and strengthening of 33 existing Public Health Units.
- Establishment of the Regional Research Platform for WHO South-East Asia Region.
Mission Poshan 2.0
Mission Poshan 2.0 will be launched with the objective of improving the nutritional content, delivery, outreach, and outcome. This scheme will merge the Poshan Abhiyan and the Supplementary Nutrition Programme. The mission seeks to improve the nutritional outcomes across 112 Aspirational Districts.
Aspirational Districts are those districts that are affected by poor socio-economic indicators in India. These districts are aspirational in the light that, if any improvement is being done in these districts it can lead to the overall improvement in human development in India.
Topics: aspirational districts • Aspirational Districts Programme • Mission Poshan 2.0 • PM Aatma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana • Poshan Abhiyan • Supplementary Nutrition Programme • Transformation of aspirational districts Programme • Union Budget 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|