National e-governance service delivery assessment (NeSDA) Report 2021
The National e-governance service delivery assessment (NeSDA) report 2021 was published recently. In this edition, Jammu and Kashmir was assessed for the first time. It has been ranked at 1st position among Union Territories, with overall compliance of around 90 per cent for national e-governance service delivery assessment (NeSDA).
About the report
- The report was released on June 13, 2022.
- Report provides suggestions for governments on enhancing their e-Governance service delivery systems.
- Meghalaya and Nagaland were ranked at top in State Portals with overall compliance of over 90 per cent on all assessment parameters among northeast and hill states.
- Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Karnataka, Punjab, and Uttar Pradesh had a compliance of over 85 per cent among Remaining States category. Kerala topped in this category.
- Among Services Portals for North-East and Hill States, Meghalaya and Tripura were ranked highest. Both the states showed improvement on all the six sectors as compared to NeSDA 2019.
- Among Remaining States, overall score of Tamil Nadu hiked the most in 2021, as compared to 2019.
- Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Kerala, Odisha and Goa also improved compliance of Services Portals by 100%.
- Punjab, Rajasthan, and Tamil Nadu, are the leading states with compliance of over 75 per cent on parameters for Services Portals.
Second Edition of NeSDA
Second edition of the NeSDA was prepared by covering the assessment of states and Union Territories. The report focuses on the effectiveness of central ministries in delivering online services to citizens. It also provides suggestions to government in enhancing their e-Governance service delivery systems.
When was NeSDA constituted?
NeSDA was constituted in 2019, by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) under its mandate for boosting e-government endeavours and driving digital government excellence. It helps the government in improving the delivery of citizen centric services and shares best practices in India. Second edition of NeSDA study was embarked by DARPG in January 2021. NeSDA 2021 Portal was officially launched in June 2021 for conducting entire assessment process online.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2022
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs