Hyundai to launch N Line cars in India
Hyundai Motor India Ltd. (HMIL) announced its debut first N Line of cars for India in 2021. Subsequently, more additional model will be launched over next few years.
- According to South Korean carmaker, N Line models will offer customers motor sport-inspired styling cues. It will evoke excitement and athleticism.
- Hyundai currently sells N Line in countries like Europe, South Korea, U.S. and Russia.
- i30 was the first N-branded vehicle, which was launched in 2017. It is available in i20, i30, Elantra, Kona and Tucson.
- In India, N Line model will be launched through i20.
- In India, Hyundai will develop N Line cars on three brand values namely, Motor sport-inspired styling cues, accessible for all as well as everyday excitement.
What is N-Line?
Majority of automakers across the world have their respective sub-brands which focus on tuning regular models for better and higher performance. These sub-brands are used in high-performance cars only. For instance, BMW has M Performance division, Mercedes-Benz has AMG etc. Such sub-brands are not limited to luxury cars only. Hyundai launched its N-Line and N badged cars.
Difference between N and N-Line
N badged Hyundai cars are pure track-focused and hyper tuned performance cars. It was debuted in December 2013. N signifies Namyang R&D Centre in South Korea. N-Line models are also developed by Hyundai N division. But they are road legal. N-line models come with cosmetic upgrades over mainstream models.
Hyundai Motor Company
It is a South Korean multinational automotive manufacture with headquarter in Seoul. It was founded in 1967. It owns 33.88 percent of Kia Corporation. Company operates world’s largest integrated automobile manufacturing facility in Ulsan.