World Giving Index 2021
According to World Giving Index 2021 report, India is 14th most charitable country across the world.
- As per the report, COVID-19 pandemic has further increased the ‘giving’ trends worldwide.
- This report is released by Charities Aid Foundation (CAF).
- 2021 survey highlights the impact of lockdowns on charitable giving.
Key Findings of report
- As per the report, India is among Top 20 most generous countries across the globe.
- India’s rank has improved from its earlier 10-year global rank of 82.
- Australia and New Zealand maintains their top 10 rankings.
- Report highlights, communities across the world mobilised to help fellow citizens during covid-19 pandemic. It resulted in highest ‘helped a stranger’ numbers since 2009.
- About 3 billion people, which accounts for 55 percent of world’s adults, reported helping someone they didn’t know in 2020.
- Score of India has rapidly improved between 2017 & 2019 and continued to improve during 2020.
- This improvement in India was observed across all age groups and both the genders.
- According to the report, 61 percent of Indians helped strangers, 34 per cent volunteered for good cause while 36 percent donated money.
World Giving Index (WGI)
WGI is a global survey. It has interviewed more than 1.6 million people since 2009. It conducts surveys by asking three questions: have they helped a stranger, given money, or volunteered for good cause in recent month.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|