RIL launches New Clean Energy Business
Reliance Industry has announced to launch a new clean energy factory to make solar photovoltaic cells for next three years.
New Clean Energy Business
- Mukesh Ambani will launch a Rs 75,000 crore investment project.
- It will be launched to set up four ‘Giga’ factories in order to make solar photovoltaic cells, green hydrogen, batteries and fuel cells for next three years.
- It will set up 100 GW of solar power generating capacity.
- These capacities will be set up through rooftop installations and de-centralised operations across villages.
- Reliance will set up solar manufacturing units, a battery factory to store energy, a fuel cell-making factory and an electrolyser unit which will produce green hydrogen under the business.
- This new business will be set up with the aim of bridging green energy divide in India as well as in world.
Purpose of four Giga Factories
Reliance will set up four Giga Factories under “Dhirubhai Ambani Green Energy Giga Complex” to manufacture and integrate all critical components of new energy ecosystem, energy storage battery factory, solar photovoltaic module factory, electrolyser factory and fuel cell factory. These four factories will be set at an investment of Rs 60,000 crore. Reliance will also build solar capacities of 100 GW by 2030.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|