Indian Army launches Veterans Outreach App to reach out to veterans
The Indian Army has launched a “Veterans Outreach App” in a bid to reach out to its ex-servicemen.
The app was launched by the Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Dalbir Singh Suhag. It is dedicated to Army Veterans and Veer Naris.
- The app was designed by the Directorate of Indian Army Veterans (DIAV), which also runs a web portal specifically meant for veterans and Veer Naris
- It has specific features like “Ask a question” and “Locator Services” for locating Ex-Serviceman Cells, ECHS Polyclinics, Station Canteens and Sainik Aram Garhs all across the country.
- The app also facilitates route guidance on a google map to any chosen service facility.
- To enable veteran to check their pension entitlements, the app provides link to a “Pension Calculator” on the PCDA (P) web site called ‘Suvigyai’.
- It also facilitates “Findings Coursemates” from amongst veterans who are registered on the Indian Army Veterans Portal.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|